LENS DESIGN OPTIONS
The most popular lens designs include:
Available for all lens materials, these are for individuals with distance or near vision needs.
NO-LINE BIFOCALS (PROGRESSIVES)
These lenses provide benefits of bifocals but add continuous clear vision at all distances.
These eliminate reflective glare.
Optional lens treatments include: Scratch protection coating (self-explanatory), UV protection (blocks hazardous UV light), and anti-reflective coatings (which help reduce eye fatigue for computer operators and night drivers).
ADJUSTING TO PROGRESSIVES
Most all progressives require an adaptation period (from a couple of minutes to a couple of weeks). Generally, most individuals will adjust in 30 days to wearing progressives for the first time.
The following are guidelines to facilitate your adjustment:
- Stop wearing your old eyeglasses completely.
- Wear your new glasses high on the bridge of your nose or close to your face.
- To look at an object, turn your head to look at it.
- Move your head vertically until the object glides into focus.
- Wear your new glasses continually.